THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION REQUIRED TO FILE YOUR BANKRUPTCY
If you have any questions please call us first.
1. Driver's License
2. Social Security Card
3. Current pay stubs
4. Pay stubs for the previous 6 months
5. All bills with ADDRESSES
6. Tax returns for the last 3 years
7. 2 months of bank statements
8. All court papers such as judgments, warrants or lawsuits
9. 401K or other retirement plans showing how much money is in the plan and how much is available to you.
10. Life insurance policies and amount of cash value.
IF YOUR ARE BUYING YOUR HOME or REAL ESTATE: Go to the Courthouse in the City or County where the property is located and ask the clerk to help you get the following information.
DO NOT USE THE DOCUMENTS YOU MAY HAVE FROM YOUR CLOSING AS THEY ARE NOT THE RECORDED LEGAL DOCUMENTS THE COURT NEEDS. GET YOUR DOCUMENTS DIRECTLY FROM THE COURTHOUSE
2. Deeds of trust (This is the mortgage lien papers on your home. You will have 2 if you have a 2nd mortgage
3. Tax assessment valuation from the city or county
4. Any judgments against you recorded in the Courthouse where the property is located.
5. Payoffs on all mortgages (Get from your mortgage company
IF YOUR ARE BUYING YOUR CAR OR VEHICLE:
1. Title Abstract or summary showing the owner, vehicle description and lien information. The trustee needs this to show that you are the owner and that there is a lien on the vehicle. You can get this from your local DMV.
2. Proof of Insurance
3. Current mileage and general condition